Revision Date: December 2020
At Car Rental Help Center, (“Car Rental Help Center” “we”, “our” or “us”), we recognize the importance of protecting your privacy, including information that may be used, either alone or in combination with other information, to personally identify an individual (“Personal Data”).
This privacy statement (this “Statement”) governs the way we use the Personal Data that we receive, collect and store about you in connection with your use of our website, www.Car Rental Help Center.us, as well as our mobile application and any other website or application that links you to this Statement (together, the “Platform”). This Statement does not apply to any website or application other than the Platform, including those you may link to from the Platform. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such third party websites and applications, and you visit them at your own risk.
This Policy addresses the following questions:
- What Personal Data does Car Rental Help Center collect?
- How does Car Rental Help Center use the Personal Data that it collects?
- Does Car Rental Help Center disclose Personal Data to others?
- How long does Car Rental Help Center retain Personal Data?
- What choices do all Platform users have with respect to their Personal Data?
- What choices do Platform users who are California residents have with respect to their Personal Data?
- What choices do Platform users have pursuant to GDPR?
- Does Car Rental Help Center transfer Personal Data out of the United States?
- How does Car Rental Help Center protect Personal Data?
- Does Car Rental Help Center collect information from children?
- How does Car Rental Help Center respond to Do Not Track Signals?
- Will Car Rental Help Center make updates or other changes to this Policy?
- How can Car Rental Help Center be contacted?
- What Personal Data does Car Rental Help Center collect? As further described in this Section 1, we collect, and we allow our service providers to collect, Personal Data in three ways: when you chose to provide Personal Data to us or our service providers on our Platform; automatically from you when you visit our Platform; and automatically from third parties when you visit our Platform.
- Personal Data that you provide on the Platform. On the Platform, you may choose to provide the types of information listed below, some of which may constitute Personal Data. Providing this information is optional; however, if you chose not to provide it, we may not be able to provide you with the products or services you request.
- Account Creation. In order to access the rental booking features of the Platform, you must create a user account. To create an account, you will need to supply basic contact information, such as your name, email address, and phone number, a user name and password of your choosing, and [insert additional information required in order to create an account]. We use this information to authenticate you as a user, to facilitate your purchases of products and services, and to correspond with you regarding any inquiries you have regarding the same. We also collect and store this information so that each time you login to your account, you can review your purchase history.
- Booking Creation. In order to make a reservation to use a vehicle, you may prompted to provide the following information related to you or, if applicable, the person for whom you are making a reservation: name; home and business mailing address; email address; billing address; government issued identification (such as a driver’s license or passport); date of birth; gender; loyalty program membership information; [insert additional information required in order to make a reservations]; and travel related preferences such as accessibility needs. You will also need to provide payment card information (including card number, expiration date and CVV code). This information is communicated to third party service providers to enable you to purchase use of their products and services and to facilitate communication directly between you and them.
- Promotional Messages and Marketing. In various areas of the Platform, we provide you the opportunity to submit a form with your name, phone number and email address. If you chose to provide this information to us, we will use it to send you email and text communications describing promotions, products and services we think may be of interest to you. You can likewise choose to provide us this information in order to engage in our loyalty and rewards programs.
- Comments and other Feedback. In various places on the Platform, we provide the opportunity for you to submit comments and other feedback. For example, you may choose to post a review of your experience using our booking service, engage with us on our social media platforms or send us other feedback, questions, suggestions or ideas. In doing so, we may ask you to provide us (in addition to your comments) your name, email address and phone number.
- Information Collected Automatically. We use the software tools described in this Section 1.2 to collect information automatically when you visit the Site. Additionally, some of our third party service providers (described in Section 3, below) may use similar tools to automatically gather information on our behalf regarding your use of the Platform. In either case, the automatically collected information, alone or in combination with other information, may constitute Personal Data. We have a legitimate interest in using this information to assist in systems administration purposes (including information security and abuse prevention), to track user trends, and to analyze the effectiveness of our Site.
- Log Files. We use log files on our Platform to capture your internet protocol (“IP”) address, your browser type, your Internet Service Provider (ISP), the date/time stamp of your Platform visits, your referring/exiting pages, your clicked pages within the Site, your device number and type, your operating system or mobile carrier type, and any other information your browser sends to us.
- Analytics Software Tools. We use Google Analytics on our Platform to help us analyze the traffic on our Platform. For more information on Google Analytics’ processing of Personal Data, please see http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. By using a browser plugin http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/plugin/ provided by Google, you can opt out of Google Analytics.
- Tools Specific to Mobile Applications. When you access our services through our mobile application, then in addition to the above we use tools to automatically collect: your device and telephone connectivity information such as your carrier, network type, network operator, subscriber identity module (“SIM”) operator, and SIM country; usage data, such as dates and times the app accesses our servers, the features and links clicked in the app, searches, transactions, and the data and files downloaded to the app; device settings selected or enabled, such as Wi-Fi, Global Positioning System (“GPS”), and Bluetooth (which may be used for location services, subject to your permission as explained below); mobile device settings; and other technical information such as app name, type, and version as needed to provide you with services
- Location-Based Tools. Depending on your device’s settings and permissions and your choice to participate in certain programs, we may collect the location of your device by using GPS signals, cell phone towers, Wi-Fi signals, Bluetooth or other technologies. We will collect this information if you opt in through the app or other program (either during your initial login or later) to enable certain location-based services available within the app (for example, locating available lodging closest to you). To disable location capabilities of the app, you can log off or change your mobile device’s settings.
- Other Tracking Technologies. When you visit our Site, in addition to cookies, we use device identifiers, pixels, web beacons, and similar technologies to collect information about how you use the Site. We process the information collected through such technologies, which may include or be combined with Personal Data, to help operate certain features of the Site, to determine the regions from which you access the Site, to enhance your experience through personalization, and to help us better understand the features of the Platform that you and other users are most interested in.
- Information Collected from Third Parties. We also receive information from affiliated companies within Car Rental Help Center, as well as business partners and other third parties who help us improve our platform and associated tools and services, update and maintain accurate records, detect and investigate fraud, and more effectively market our services. In particular, we collect information about you from third parties such as our business and affiliate partners and authorized service providers which may include updated contact information, demographic information, interests, and purchase history, which we may add to your account or profile and use for market research and analysis.
- How does Car Rental Help Center use the Personal Data that it collects? The Personal Data that you submit or we collect through the Platform may be used in the following ways: (i) to provide the product and services you request in connection with our Platform; (ii) to respond to questions or comments you submit through the Platform; (iii) to provide, analyze, administer, and improve our Platform and services, and to otherwise ensure the Platform’s technical functionality and security, including as described in Section 1.2; (iv) to send you updates and promotional materials that you have requested; (v) to protect our rights and our property and comply with applicable law; (vi) to perform any other activity for which we have requested and obtained your consent; and (vii) for another legitimate business purpose of Car Rental Help Center or a third party.